How to import text data into a spreadsheet?
XmlGrid allows you to import text data into a spreadsheet and save it as a Microsoft Office Excel file either xls or xlsx. XmlGrid can take two commonly used text file formats:
Follow these easy steps to import text data:
tab delimited text files (.txt), in which the TAB character (ASCII character code 009) separates each field of text;
- comma separated values text files (.csv), in which the comma character (,) separates each field of text.
You will see the text data is automatically populated into the spreadsheet. You can save it as an xls or xlsx file.
- open a new blank spreadsheet;
- copy your text data and paste it to any blank cell;
- move the cursor to another cell and make a left mouse click.
How to view/edit existing Excel spreadsheet files without MS Office software?
- Step 1: Load spreadsheet file, you can either Open the Excel file from your local file system or get it from internet By URL;
- Step 2: After the spreadsheet is loaded, it will be displayed in an XML Grid editor, you can delete unwanted columns or rows or change column names or values;
- You can do another convertion by repeating Step 1 and Step2.