How to view/edit existing Excel spreadsheet files without MS Office software?
- Step 1: Load spreadsheet file, you can either Open the Excel file from your local file system or get it from internet By URL;
- Step 2: After the spreadsheet is loaded, it will be displayed in an XML Grid editor, you can delete unwanted columns or rows or change column names or values;
- You can do another convertion by repeating Step 1 and Step2.
How to import text data into a spreadsheet?
XmlGrid allows you to import text data into a spreadsheet and save it as a Microsoft Office Excel file either xls or xlsx. XmlGrid can take two commonly used text file formats:
tab delimited text files (.txt), in which the TAB character (ASCII character code 009) separates each field of text;
- comma separated values text files (.csv), in which the comma character (,) separates each field of text.
Follow these easy steps to import text data:
- open a new blank spreadsheet;
- copy your text data and paste it to any blank cell;
- move the cursor to another cell and make a left mouse click.
You will see the text data is automatically populated into the spreadsheet. You can save it as an xls or xlsx file.